August 22, 2008

XX Files

Virtual Violations
Stalking the stalker

By Wanda Fleming
Washington Post Magazine
Sunday, August 10, 2008; Page W31

POSTED AT 1 A.M., the e-mail simply states: "I found your Web site. I want to buy your sweetest soap and move it up your thighs. I want my mouth washed out. What scent do you suggest?"

My heart stops.

I have two consuming vocations: handcrafting scented soap and writing. I work on both in a Batcave-like room dubbed The Studio. Cement makes up the floor. Drafts rattle the 100-year-old jalousie windows. But the ambiance is well worth the rent.

Only three people are allowed in this space. The stalker slips in anyway. He finds me through the words I write.

Continue reading here ... http://www.washingtonpost.com NOTE!: You must type: Virtual Violations in the search engine and go from there.